Apr 4, 2009

COOKIES!

Annie is busy being a suck-up, so I am going to tell you guys all about the cookies from yesterday!! OH YEAH.. HI I'm Cocoa the ChiPoo. I am actually the most spoiled one in the house but shhh, don't tell or else the others will get mad and pick on me.

So yesterday Mom and Dad made Peanut Butter Puppy Poppers for me and Annie. They are SO GOOD! and Mom says they are easy too. I don't care about the easy part not really, only that it seems if it is easy then I get it faster!

Mom says I have to give you the recipe so here it is:

2 cups of whole wheat flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 cup of peanut butter - it can be creamy or chunky (we like the creamy better though)
1 cup of milk

Get the oven hot, like to 375 F hot.
You mix up the peanut butter and milk then add the mixed together flour and baking powder.

Then you knead it. The recipe says on a floured surface but Mom just does it in the bowl.

Then you roll it out to about 1/4" thick. Mom says if it's thinner it makes crispy cookies and thicker makes them softer. We like softer!

Making the cookies

I hang out under Mom hoping that she will drop some pieces on the floor for me.

drop it drop it drop it

So she gets it about this thick -

Rolling the dough

(Look at Annie PRETENDING she is a good dog...)
Annie behing good

So you cut the cookies out however you want. Mom and Dad just make squares because we don't care what shape they are!

Cookies on a sheet

Laying the cookies out

You put them all out on a greased cookie sheet and cook them for about 15 to 20 minutes. Mom only cooks ours for 13 minutes though since they are just the way we like them at that point.

LOTS of cookies

OH BOY we can smell the cookies now Mom! We know they are done!

YUMMY

Gimmie Gimmie Gimmie!

YUM PLEASE

Mom and Dad cool off the cookies and put them in a tupperware container in the fridge for us. We like them to stay all soft and the fridge is the best place for that!
Remember that they don't last as long as those store bought ones though since there aren't any preservatives in them. They do mold - like Dad found out when he had a stash for us next to the bed upstairs.

Ok it's time for me to go get one of those cookies now. I was a very good boy and Mom says I can have one of the bigger ones!

WooHoo!!

No comments: