Jul 14, 2009

I received a prompt reply!

"Good Morning (name edited to protect myself!),
Thank you for your email. I am answering on behalf of the entire City Council in my role as Ombudsman for the month of July. I am forwarding this response to our Parks Director for his review. Regardless of who created the mess, as a city leased property, the cleanliness is a matter for our action.
Best wishes-
Hank Myers"

to which I followed up with

"Mr Meyers,
Thank you for the prompt reply.
I do realize that the City Parks will clean it, as they do every year.
What I was really hoping was that perhaps the City would discuss these things with the Funtastic group and their employees.
The City has always been great with keeping Redmond looking very nice - this I know as I have lived here most of my entire life!
I just feel that it is unfair that Parks have to deal with the trash this company leaves behind and feels they do not need to pick up.
I personally watched them pick up the wash station yesterday morning and saw the man leave behind the green astro turf and boards used to level the wash station. There was no reason he could not have easily picked those up and added them to the truck as well.
Please also let Parks know that I think they are doing a wonderful job and this letter was in no way inteded to suggest otherwise!
Thank you again, "

and now the reply that I was sent WHILE POSTING HERE (WOWZERS - GOVERNMENT WORKING AT A QUICK PACE!!)

"Hi (I have edited out my name again :p),
The Parks Department not only keeps our parks clean, they plan and operate Derby Days, including the contract with the carnival operator. I will be seeing the Director this afternoon and will discuss your comments with him.
Thanks again for your comments
Hank Myers"

No comments:

Post a Comment